Silica Sand Manufacturer
In order to meet the increased demand for its silica sand product, this confidential client needed a larger workforce to help accelerate the construction schedule of its new production plant.
PPM provided over 350 MSHA (Mine Safety & Health Administration) qualified personnel for mechanical and electrical services and capital construction responsibilities.
Once the production plant was completed, much of the new workforce was transitioned into start-up and plant maintenance roles.
Scope of Services
PPM provided the following services:
- Installed 285,000 linear feet of fabricated pipe
- Erected 4,400 tons of structural steel
- Installed various pieces of equipment, including wet screening, drying sections, thickeners, chute work, crushing stations, scalping stations, conveying equipment, and other miscellaneous process equipment
- Capital construction and maintenance support services for four locations
- Acted as lead contractor for new plant construction on three of the four silica sand facilities locations, which were each constructed in 12-15 months